nik_yetman

Can someone recommend a good house design software to draw plans?

Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

Hey guys,

It's been a hot minute since we were here lol!

Long story short, we have the opportunity to build again.

We've been living on our current block of land, while we subdivide, for 14 months.

The subdivision process is nearly complete so it's time to make sure we are ready to hit the go button on the build, just as soon as we have title on the block we're selling.

I just wanted to see if anyone can recommend some house design/drawing software?

I've done a terrible hodge podge job with a couple of existing plans and put something together to show our draftsperson our ideas ... but I don't know if it will even work as it's not to scale - clearly lol.

Also grateful for any design suggestions?

We're trying to keep the house smallish so there are no spare bedrooms, media rooms or car acommodation as we already have that sorted and we'll have lots of outdoor entertaining space too.

Ideally, we're trying to keep it to no wider than 10,000mm and no longer than 20,000mm but smaller would be better ... prefer no bigger than 175m2.

We have tried to site things as best we can so as to enjoy existing views, and also, dreams of an amazing backyard with a possible pool, vegetable garden, gorgeous native trees, fruit trees, palm trees and more .... so we are hoping to play it smart and ensure we can enjoy the views in any direction.

Our little guy is 8 years old and has a very severe and very rare genetic (mutation) epilepsy (he's 1 of 17 in the world with a scary prognosis) - and our daughter has severe anxiety so their bedrooms need to remain close to ours.

Be grateful for any input :)

Comments (22)