webuser_594187849

Small WIR - can it be made into a little slice of heaven?

Bsoturi
2 months ago

We're thinking about doing a small extension to put in a WIR.

We've thought long and hard about this. We've tried every possible configuration of our master to add more wardrobe storage but we keep coming back to getting a WIR. We're decided that if the price of small extension to add a WIR is affordable, we're going to do it.

Not only would we love the extra storage but having a place to get changed without waking up our other half and being able to turn on the light while the other person continues to sleep would be amazing.

However, because our master is on the second floor, we're a bit limited to how much we can extend out. Our draftsman drew this up:

I can try to make it a bit bigger so we can at least get two full walls of hanging space, but I am worried that cost (and time) of going back to the draftsman and back to Council for approval will offset the benefit.

If you had to design storage for the space as pictured above, and you wanted to make it beautiful as well as optimise the limited storage space you have, how would you do it?

Just a few notes:

1. We won't keep our shoes in there

2. I think I need around 1.5 m of hanging space for my dresses, and

3. I really adore pretty spaces. We recently renovated our laundry and honestly, I know it's weird to say but it's probably my favourite room in the house at the moment!

Comments (9)